Friday, October 07, 2005

Why I Created This Blog

This blog was created to document the Adventures of Overshare. This blog is getting a late start-- she has been over-sharing for over a year now. Overshare is a twenty-something coworker of mine who routinely shares more information about her life than most people share with their closest friends. Hell, she shares more than most people do with their priests.

I didn't realize how deep the problem went for a good while, and then I started using the stories to entertain my friends at dinner parties, over drinks, in emails. I never really thought they'd be good blog material until I posted an open letter to Overshare on Craig's List and received an overwhelming number of requests for the actual stories that I had ranted about. And then, a good friend lamented that she only heard sporadic Overshare stories and wished there was a blog for them. Thus, this blog was born.

Every story is exactly as Overshare tells it. Names have been changed to protect the innocent. Not really. Names have been changed so that if Overshare should find this blog one day, she won’t be able to trace it back to me. That is, if she recognized herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home