Wednesday, October 12, 2005

It's Not All About Dating

You know that hand motion people use to indicate "money"? Like when Jerry Maguire is telling Rod Tidwell's coach that he would have to pay Tidwell more money after the game-winning touchdown? You kind of rub your thumb, forefinger and middle finger together.... got it? Ok, keep that gesture in mind.

I'm sitting in my office, minding my own business, reading Craig's List on the internet, blissfully ignorant of what is about to occur when Overshare walks in and shuts the door.

Oh Damn, I think. Here we go.

Overshare: Anonymous, I have a question.
Anonymous, attempting to look too busy for questions: Mmmmkay.
Overshare: In between periods, do you ever get a discharge?

Insert money gesture here.

I'll just let that sink in for a moment. She's asking me about discharge, people. Discharge. Punctuated with gestures.

Anonymous, unable to keep up the charade of busyness: What?
Overshare: You know, a discharge... (money gesture again) it's this weird consistency and I can't tell if it's something I should bring up with my doctor or not.
Anonymous, praying she'll take the hint: Hm. Well, a doctor would definitely be able to answer your question.
Overshare: Ok. Thanks.

3 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, October 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I distribute paychecks as part of my job. Male co-worker walks into my office on pay day...rubs fingers together in way described in blog...about 30 min. after I read it.

Thinking it was $ related, but maybe he was confessing a, until-then, secret issue!?!?!?!

 
At 12:08 PM, October 25, 2005, Blogger Anonymous Coworker said...

That's hysterical!

 
At 11:01 AM, January 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime I need a good laugh I come back and read this entry. And every time I laugh uncontrollably.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home