Friday, November 04, 2005

Tough Decisions

One day I was feeling a little disconnected at work, and Witty Comeback was out of the office for the day, so I went to sit inside Overshare's cubicle for a few minutes. Big mistake.

Anonymous: How are you?
Overshare: Fine, just fine. How was your weekend?
Anonymous: Really good. I went and saw a movie, had some dinner with friends, really laid back. I really liked the movie; it was...
Overshare: CTB and I are getting tested tomorrow so we can stop using condoms.

No joke, she interrupted my movie comment to tell me that, out of the blue.

Anonymous: Er...
Overshare: What kind of birth control do you use?
Anonymous: Er....
Overshare: Cause I'm really prone to side effects, and I can't decide which one to use. I'm thinking of an IUD. Have you ever had one?
Anonymous: Er...
Overshare: But apparently they can cause heavy cramping if you haven't had kids yet. Have you heard that?
Anonymous: Well, yes I have heard... you know, I think I hear my phone ringing.
Overshare, calling out as I walk away: I'll let you know how the testing goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home