Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Are those tears of joy?

One morning, Overshare came into my office when Witty Comeback and I were talking. She was crying. And not just on the verge of crying, or sniffling a little bit... no. We're talking full out sobs-- shoulders shaking, can't talk because she's not breathing, that kind of crying. I, obviously, think that someone has died.

It's amazing that I'm still that naive.


Nope, no one died. Her dog wasn't hit by a car. She didn't get yelled at by her supervisor. She wasn't even pre-menstrual.

Overshare: CTF and I (sob) went to the beach (sob) this weekend (sob sob) and we had such a great time...(sob)

Witty: Hey, sit down... it's ok. Calm down a bit.

Overshare: And then on the way home (sob sob), he told me that (sob)...

Here, Overshare stopped for a minute, shaking her head as if she couldn't go on. But don't worry, she got over that. She took a breath, squared her shoulders and continued on. Such a brave little thing.

Overshare: He told me that he thought we needed to take a break because he needs to deal with all of his issues. He's embarrassed about the court stuff, and needs to figure out what he's going to do about his baby girl... and he just thinks it's easier to do it alone.

Anonymous: Well, maybe it's for the best...

Overshare starts shaking her head emphatically.

Anonymous: I mean, he does need to get all that stuff in order...

More head shaking...

Overshare: No no no no no no no.....

I, personally, am dumbfounded. I'd be singing praises to the heavens for freeing me from such a man without even having to break a sweat.

Overshare: And he still wanted to break it off even after we hooked up in the car again, in the parking garage. (Sob)

What was that, you say? Hooking up in the parking garage? And yes, folks... that kind of hooking up. And that means that this conversation had literally just taken place. As in... they drove in from the beach this morning and went straight to work... after hooking up in the parking garage.

Anonymous and Witty Comeback: (shudder involuntarily)

Overshare: How do I get him back? We're having dinner tonight at my house.

Anonymous: I thought you guys broke up.

Overshare: We did. But we're still going to see each other. We're just not going to be in a relationship.

There are no words, truly. Basically, CTF managed to break up with her, then sleep with her, then managed to somehow arrange to keep seeing her (read: keep sleeping with her) without any kind of relationship. Unbelievable. But then again, not really.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One word: counseling.

 
At 12:03 PM, February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's the thought process there? "uh oh, emergency, think of something fast b/c he wants to break up..OK, I've got it, I'll just have sex with him again in the car when we get to the parking lot at work..THAT will fix it!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home