Wednesday, March 15, 2006

American Idol

I know what you're thinking: jigga what? When did she decide to change the focus of her blog? Will she now be discussing who the Top Six will be and why America seems to love 16-year-olds with lisps? (For the record, my money is on Taylor, Chris, Elliot, Paris, Lisa and Katherine. And I have no answer for the Kevin Covais phenomenon.)

No, no my friends. In a very rare occurrence, Overshare and I have a mutual interest. Of course, there's a normal level of interest in a reality tv series and then there's Overshare.

You see, Overshare loves Taylor Hicks. This Taylor Hicks.
(Please, please watch the clip. It makes me laugh so much.)

I like him. A lot. Hell, I'm not ashamed to admit I even voted for him several times. But Overshare? She loves him.

She's on a mission from God.

She will meet Taylor. That's what she just told me a few minutes ago. Right after she asked me if I thought they'd be a good couple. (Which really made me want to ask "Well, do you want to play MASH and find out?" A good couple?? What the Fork? Are we 13?)


She filled me in on the plans-- she's going to find where he lives and stalk him. Seems pretty straight-forward, if you ask me. I was hoping for something including sky-writing, large cakes from which Overshare would jump out to surprise him, and (one can only hope) a large, large bouquet of carnations, Michael-Jackson-style.

It's times like this that I wish I could post a picture of Overshare, because it doubles, nay triples, the comedic value of this post to be able to imagine them together. You'll just have to content yourself with envisioning their children: five year old, gray-haired kids running around twitching, "whoo!"-ing, and telling their neighborhood friends waaay too much personal information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home