Friday, June 09, 2006

Are Bo and Luke Invited?

Overshare: We decided on a theme for my birthday party.
Anonymous: Uh-huh.
Overshare: Ready?
Anonymous: Sure.
Overshare: Ready?
Anonymous: Sure.
Overshare: You sure?
Anonymous: Yep.
Overshare: Ready?
Anonymous: Oh. My. God.
Overshare: [dramatic pause]
Anonymous: [dramatic eye roll]
Overshare: Dukes of Hazzard.
Anonymous: [blinks]
Overshare: Isn’t that awesome?? Make sure you buy some Daisy Dukes and I’m going to try and get Boss Man to come as Boss Hog!!

Boss Man is my boss, obviously. As in, the head of our department. The guy who writes my evaluations. And what crackhead on earth thinks I’m going to wear Daisy Dukes, EVER? In front of Boss Man or not??

An Oversharing Crackhead, that’s who.

About an hour later, sure enough, I get an Evite to a Dukes of Hazzard birthday party. Also on the list? Boss Man, Ultimate Class, Wyoming and Tyrannical Sorority Sister. Along with CTF. And it comes complete with instructions on costumes: Daisy Dukes for the ladies and anything bearing a Confederate Flag for the men.

Doesn’t that just sound like the world’s worst idea for a birthday party ever?

4 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, June 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not understand how this woman keeps her job... regardless of how good she does her tasks. I'M embarrassed on behalf of the "company"!

 
At 3:18 PM, June 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do the women have to wear daisy dukes and the men just have to wear "confederate flags"...and does she know that those flags might be offensive to a WHOLE LOTTA PEOPLE?? This woman needs taste, class, and a health shot of self-esteem...

 
At 8:23 AM, June 12, 2006, Blogger Alli said...

You know who I think would love this party idea? Sendabrick.

 
At 9:44 AM, June 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

loot at em' girls with the daisy dukes on, i want chu too!....c'mon guys, that was a song in the 90's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home