Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Drunk Dialing

Overshare: I think I made a mistake last night.
Anonymous: How so?
Overshare: Well, I had been drinking… and I decided to call someone.

I don’t think I need to go into my thoughts on drunk-dialing here… there are plenty of blogs that have talked about the dangers and mishaps that have occurred in such instances. But an oversharing drunk dial? Priceless, I must say.

Anonymous: CTF?
Overshare: No, he was with me.
Anonymous: So who did you call?
Overshare: Swedish Nanny.
Anonymous: Oh.
Overshare: Yeah.
Anonymous: And CTF just let you do that?
Overshare: He thought it was funny.
Anonymous: Did she pick up?
Overshare: Yeah. She thought it was CTF.
Anonymous: What did you end up saying?
Overshare: Something along the lines of “It must suck to be you.”
Anonymous: Ouch.
Overshare: Yeah… I think my exact words were, “It must suck to be you, knowing that your boyfriend is cheating on you. As in, he’s here. In my bed.”
Anonymous: Wow.
Overshare: Yeah. And then I laughed, I think.
Anonymous: What did Swedish Nanny do?
Overshare: I think she cried.
Anonymous: That was really a mean thing to do.
Overshare: I know. I feel kind of bad. But then, she took CTF away from me in the first place. She shouldn’t have done that.

3 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, June 13, 2006, Blogger Muffy said...

Not nice. Ouch. She is her own soap opera.

 
At 1:04 PM, June 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is she too dumb to see herself in the place of Swedish Nanny? Or is she just too insensitive? One day she might wake up to a similar phone call, although I'd like to think the Swedes aren't as mean-spirited when they drunk dial. I think they make lutefisk jokes and talk about your Uncle Sven and Ikea...or socialized healthcare.

 
At 7:30 AM, June 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hell no, the swedes are watching the world cup.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home