Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Boss + Alcohol = Bad Idea

Have I mentioned that Overshare likes to drink?

I could have sworn I had.

This love of drinking soon lead to a stint as the self-appointed office social secretary.

Overshare: I have a brilliant idea.
Anonymous: Oh really?
Overshare: Yes. I'm going to institute a weekly Happy Hour.
Anonymous: Ohhhh.
Overshare: Yeah, we're going to go to a different bar every week-- doesn't that sound awesome?
Anonymous: Awesome.

Now... I'm all for the typical work happy hour that happens occasionally. Really, I am. But weekly? We spend 8 hours a day, five days a week together-- I see no reason to plan to spend another 2-4 hours weekly after work with my coworkers. That's when I see my friends. Not to say I don't have coworkers who become friends (such as Witty Comeback) but Overshare? Wyoming? They don't fall into that category.

Anonymous: Every week, huh?
Overshare: Every week.

Anonymous: Great.

At that moment, Boss Man walked by my office.

Overshare, yelling: Hey, Boss Man!! Come out drinking with us!

Boss Man kept walking down the hall.

Overshare, to me: I'll get you the details later.
Overshare, exiting my office and following Boss Man: Hey! Hey, Boss Man!! Come out drinking with us! We're gonna get trashed!

4 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Rachel said...

She said "We're gonna get trashed!" to her BOSS? Holy crap.

 
At 10:59 AM, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

clearly Boss man is excited for this trend!

 
At 7:43 AM, August 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*shakes head*

This girl seems only capable of sleeping her way to the middle.

She'll never get promoted.

 
At 6:34 AM, September 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA. Right on diverse hats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home