Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Good Foundation

A long while after Christmas, Overshare walked into my office.

Overshare: I got CTF an iPod for Christmas. A good one.

What the heck? I mean, come on now… an iPod?? Who gets their non-boyfriend a $300 Christmas gift? I didn’t get my actual boyfriend a $300 gift when we were actually dating; forget after we broke up. And there wasn’t even a Swedish Nanny in the picture.

Anonymous: That’s a nice gift.
Overshare: You have one, don’t you?
Anonymous: Yes.
Overshare: Well, I have an older iPod, and now I’m really tempted to just give CTF my old one and keep this new one. He doesn’t even have a computer, so I’m in charge of loading it up anyway.
Anonymous: Err…

What exactly do you say to someone who gives an extravagant gift to an undeserving guy, but then wants to essentially revoke it? I mean, talk about an ethical quandary… she shouldn’t have given the gift in the first place, but taking it back? That’s horrible too.

Overshare: Oh well, I guess I’ll let him have the new one.
Anonymous: Very nice of you.
Overshare: Yeah, well. I’m just going to be loading up all my music anyway.
Anonymous: Do you guys share the same music taste?
Overshare: Are you kidding? We have everything in common. Except, you know, I’m not a criminal.

4 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, August 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm curious...what kind of music would this be?

(i'm imagining late 80s/early 90s rock.)

 
At 6:37 AM, August 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 points to Overshare for 'not being a criminal.' Do you want a trophy for that?

 
At 6:49 AM, August 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, maybe if i palmed her face, she'll give me an iTunes gift certificate?

 
At 12:32 PM, August 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least she realizes he's a criminal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home