Thursday, July 27, 2006

So... Guns at Twenty Paces or the Joust?

One day, I noticed that Overshare kept walking past my office. More than normal. And she wasn’t stopping by to overshare, either. Finally, towards the end of the day, I ran into her in the hallway outside my office.

Anonymous: What have you been doing all day?
Overshare: What do you mean?
Anonymous: Why have you been walking by my office all day?
Overshare: Shhh…. TSS will hear you. [half-pushes, half-herds me into my own office and shuts the door.] I’m spying on TSS.
Anonymous: What?
Overshare: I’m spying on TSS.
Anonymous: Why?
Overshare: Because I’ve heard her on the phone the past few days, planning a party for her sorority.
Anonymous: Really?
Overshare: Yeah, and she got a fax too, from the restaurant downstairs.
Anonymous: Why there? She lives an hour away!
Overshare: I know, I can’t explain the logic either.

Need I say anything about how much I wanted to breakdown at that moment? The very idea that Overshare has any ground to questions someone else’s logic… it’s enough to give me a cramp in my side from laughing.

Overshare: So I’ve been walking by her office every half hour or so—she’s totally working on this party! All day long!! I can’t believe it.

This from the woman who waited to call the police until the day after a confrontation with Swedish Nanny because she knew it’d be slow at work.

Overshare: I’m going to start documenting all of this stuff, so that I can show Boss Man.

And that, dear friends, is the sound of a gauntlet being thrown down. Forget applying for a promotion, forget trying to make the best of things, oh no. I think that, if there’s one thing we can say about Overshare, it’s that she never, ever, does things the easy way.

4 Comments:

At 5:12 AM, July 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching for a set of dueling pistols and came across your blog.

At any rate, the party sounds like a good cause. If I were Boss Man, I wouldn't object to work time being spent in preparation.

 
At 7:28 AM, July 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so... overshare neglected her work duties to spy on a woman who is neglecting her work duties...

I can't explain the logic either.

 
At 9:49 AM, July 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see so many new posts, Anonymous! And thanks to OS for keeping you supplied with stories, sad and confusing as they may be...

 
At 8:06 AM, July 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Esa cabrona necesita que alguien le de en la mera trompa para que vea la pendeja que es!!! PUTA MADRE!

All, have a nice day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home