Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Should You Be THAT Happy?

One day, Overshare came skipping, and I mean skipping into my office.

Anonymous: Well, you sure seem happy.
Overshare: Oh, that's because I am.
Anonymous: What happened?
Overshare: CTF almost has the stuff with his daughter worked out.
Anonymous: Oh, really? That's good news. He figured out his child support?
Overshare: Nope. Even better! The mom is going to give her up for adoption!
Anonymous: (silence)
Overshare: Isn't that great news??! It means CTF will never have to worry about her again!!
Anonymous: Her, who? Her, the mom or her, his own daughter?
Overshare: The daughter of course! It'll be like it never happened!
Anonymous: Kind of sucks for the daughter, though, don't you think?

Overshare: Oh.

Now, I am 100% for adoption. Go, adoption! I know plenty of adopted kids who are fantastic and well-adjusted adults. And I do think that, perhaps, this poor little baby would be better off not knowing CTF, her crazy-ass father. But Holy Bad Priorities, Batman.

6 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, June 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the Plinko board of life, this child's puck just found its way right into the $10,000 slot.

 
At 7:59 AM, June 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy god. There are no words. That kid is better off, but I will say this.. I thought Overshare was just stupid and annoying. Now I truly hate her and CTF. Sad people with sad lives.

 
At 9:53 AM, June 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can anoyone the that g-damn selfish? Although I will have to agree with murvis, that poor girl is much better off not having to deal with such idiotic parents.

 
At 11:57 AM, June 20, 2006, Blogger Tiffany said...

No doubt that the child is much better off but that just breaks my heart. What an idiot.

 
At 1:43 PM, June 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Straight up bitch. that's it. no more no less.

 
At 6:28 AM, June 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! to what murvis said. Just when you thought that Overshare couldn't go any lower...

How do you live with this day in and day out, Anonymous?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home