Friday, July 21, 2006

...And We're Gonna Get...

A month or so after the conversation from my last post, I had a serious longing for some chocolate. Like, a full blown I-don’t-know-how-I’ll-finish-working-if-I-don’t-have-chocolate RIGHT NOW jonesing.

Anonymous: Overshare, you don’t happen to have any chocolate, do you? I’m desperate.
Overshare: Here. [Hands me a large basket of candy, complete with green plastic grass.]
Anonymous: Wait, what’s all this?
Overshare: CTF’s Easter Basket.
Anonymous: Easter was over a week ago; why do you still have this?
Overshare: CTF never picked it up.
Anonymous: Oh. [Unwraps some chocolate.] Here you go.
Overshare: Keep it.
Anonymous: What?
Overshare: Keep it.
Anonymous: Aren’t you going to give it to CTF?
Overshare: Not now.
Anonymous: Why?
Overshare: Remember that wedding I invited CTF to?
Anonymous: Yeah…
Overshare: Well, he asked for the time off and got it.
Anonymous: Doesn’t that earn him some candy?
Overshare: Yes, except that he “just found out” that he actually has to meet with his parole officer this weekend.
Anonymous: Oh.
Overshare: So NOW I’m pissed. It was supposed to be a whole weekend, Anonymous! And NOW he has to meet with his stupid parole officer, so I’m killing myself trying to figure out how in the hell I’m going to get him back here for three hours on Sunday.
Anonymous: WHAT?
Overshare: I’m looking at bus tickets, train tickets, plane tickets, renting a car… trying to figure what’s the cheapest way to go, because I don’t have a lot of money to spend.
Anonymous: You are paying?
Overshare: Yeah.
Anonymous: YOU are paying for CTF to get home for three hours to meet with his parole officer?
Overshare: Well, yeah. After all, I’m the one who invited him to the wedding in the first place.
Anonymous: I don’t see how that means you have to pay for his travel.
Overshare: Well, it might not even work out.
Anonymous: Then what will you do?
Overshare: Stay home.
Anonymous: You won’t go at all?
Overshare: How could I possibly go without him? Especially since I RSVP'd for two and made this huge deal about how he was coming along?
Anonymous: Er…

Easily?


Overshare: No, no, no. This just has to work out.


At this point, I'm still standing in her office and holding what I now realize is a garish Easter Basket.

Anonymous: What do you want me to do with this?
Overshare: Oh, I don't know. Just pass it around the office, I guess.

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, July 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The title of this entry indicates that there will be a third installment of the "unwanted wedding guest" fiasco. Can't wait to hear how it concludes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home