Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Can You Get That At The Duty-Free?

I’m Baaaaaa-aaaccckkkkk!!! Did you miss me?

Boss Man recently had to travel for work. It’s a rare occasion, but there was no getting out of this particular trip. To say that Boss Man wasn’t exactly looking forward to it is an understatement, and who can blame him because, really, going to Paris for free when the weather is gorgeous must be trying. Spending that per diem can be a stressful thing, you know?

Boss Man, loudly, while standing in the office common area: Anyone want me to bring them anything back from France?

Now, most of my office was silent at this point. After a few moments, there’s a couple of “Oh, a bottle of wine would be nice…” from some of the other senior-level execs, but we, the peons? We say nothing.

Except for Overshare, that is.

Overshare: Yeah, bring me back a gorgeous French man!!

Oi vey.

Boss Man: Excuse me?
Overshare, kind of growling: A FIIIINNNNE French Man!!
Boss Man: Er…

Overshare: Oh come on, Boss Man! You’re supposed to be helping us out!

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, July 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would rather force my grandmother through a roadtrip listening to nothing but Dr. Dre's the CHRONIC than to ever...ever have to have anything to do with this gal...EVER. The fact that i'm connected to her through you upsets me enough. DAMN YOU! CONNECTION!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home