Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wha' Happened?

OhgoodnessIhadover100visitsTuesdayandIamfreakingout.

(Takes deep breath)

Seriously, though… over 100 visits!! In one day! Was I mentioned somewhere online that I don’t know about? Because oh my damn, I almost had a heartattack. I never expected an audience larger than 3 people. I’m gobsmacked.

I’m often asked “how I can put up” with Overshare, and the answer is simple: this blog. The process of writing a new story, posting it, and reading people’s response somehow validates the entire situation. I’m not alone; she really is crazy and I just happened to have the (mis)fortune to be employed at the same place. Sharing the madness with all of you makes it ok, and in fact, even turns it into a twisted kind of pleasure. I created the blog to record the events, almost as if to assure myself that it was really happening, and the fact that people have found it and even, gasp, like it… it’s more than I ever dreamed. And sometimes, especially when I see my blog listed in people’s favorites along with blogs like Amalah, or Dooce, or NewYorkHack… I feel like Wayne & Garth: I’m not worthy!

Thank you all for reading. I'll try not to crack under the pressure.

4 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

I know of at least two message boards, each with at least 300 people on them, where your link was posted. We've been watching you, my dear! Hee!

Plus, I've linked to your blog myself, so I may have accounted for, um, one, maybe two people.

Anyway, people were appalled and shocked at the antics of Overshare and CTF. Which is probably why they had to come see it for themselves.

 
At 1:36 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Alli said...

I think maybe three of those were me, as I sometimes check thinking "Is there a new overshare today????" and then check again two hours later with the hope there might be a new one now. It makes it all the more worth it when there is a new post.

 
At 1:53 PM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Diedre said...

I check this daily if work doesn't get in the way. I was off on Tuesday, recovering from a hangover. But last week I added a link on my site to yours, I just had to share! but don't count on many people coming from my site. I don't post much and it's lame.

 
At 4:15 PM, June 25, 2006, Blogger Muffy said...

You are right up there in my favorites with Amalah and Dooce. I might have even passed your blog on to them and Doxie. Keep them coming, I can't get enough!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home