Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Going to the Chapel...

Overshare: I got invited to a friend’s wedding in a different state.
Anonymous: That sounds fun!

At the time that this conversation took place I was attempting the unsuccessful and ill-advised tactic of encouraging Overshare to talk to me, but only about subjects other than CTF. My hope was that, if encouraged over other conversation topics, she would not feel the need to discuss CTF. So if she mentioned the Felon, I would “appear” disinterested and busy, but when she talked of something else, I would smile and engage.

She never noticed.

Ever.

Overshare: We’ve been friends since elementary school.
Anonymous: Wow. I don’t think I’ve talked to anyone from my elementary school since high school graduation!
Overshare: Her mom and my mom were best friends, so we’ve always kept in touch.
Anonymous: That’s cool. Are you going to go to the wedding?
Overshare: Well, CTF has to work.

God forbid she attend her good friend’s wedding without CTF, who is not actually her boyfriend. (I just thought I'd remind you all of that fact since it can be easy to forget, what with all the sex!)

That’s just crazy-talk.

Anonymous: Oh.
Overshare: Yeah. It just wouldn’t be a wedding without him.

Yep. I’m sure that’s what the bride thinks, too.

Anonymous: Oh.
Overshare: He said he’s going to try and take off of work.
Anonymous: Oh.
Overshare: I hope he can.
Anonymous: Oh.
Overshare: I couldn’t possibly go without him
Anonymous: Oh.
Overshare: Yeah… definitely not. I guess technically I’m not even supposed to bring a guest, because there’s no “and guest” on the invitation. I’m sure she won’t mind though, since we’ve been good friends for so long.

If it were me, I’d mind. I would. So. Very. Mind.

And not just because he’s a sex offender who is using my good friend for sex, either.

7 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thought of taking CTF into public, let alone to a wedding (think purity, love, dessert fork etiquette), is horrifying.

 
At 2:14 PM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She needs to visit www.theknot.com if she wants to know how brides really feel about guests bringing uninvited people along to the wedding.

Glad you're back!

 
At 2:23 PM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. Overshare has friends? From way back? How?

 
At 5:26 PM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad you just can't say "it's customary, if the invitation doesn't specify with guest, that you don't bring one. as a long time friend, I would think it would be nice if you went period, date or not."

Maybe BLUNT is the way to go with this dippy broad.

 
At 7:00 AM, July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say I heart your blog. Did you ever post on theknot.com by any chance?

 
At 8:07 AM, July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Travel to out of state wedding - $300;

Money not made by CTF in order to attend wedding - $500

Committing a major wedding faux pau at your oldest bestest friends wedding - PRICELESS

 
At 9:47 AM, July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some useful Swedish phrases for Overhsare from the Swedish Nanny:

1) Sticka! - Get lost!
2) Rör ej! - Don't touch!
3) Du är på svag is! - You're on thin ice!

and finally:
4) Overshare öppet dygnet runt. -
Overshare is open 24 hours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home