Friday, March 24, 2006

Stalking

Overshare: I'm calling the police.
Anonymous, worried: Right now? What happened?

Sidenote: I know, people, that by now, I really, really, really should not jump to logical conclusions anymore when it comes to Overshare. I should automatically jump to the least likely event and work from there when she makes outlandish statements, but for some reason I don't. Case in point: in this instance, I wondered if she had been attacked in the parking lot, or had her purse stolen, or her car broken into. Why haven't I learned?

Overshare: Swedish Nanny is stalking me.

Anonymous, groaning: Of course she is. What happened?
Overshare: I was hanging out with CTF last night, and she kept calling me.
Anonymous: Did she need to talk to CTF?
Overshare, annoyed: Of course she did.
Anonymous, annoyed that Overshare's annoyed with me: Well, why didn't you hand the phone to him?
Overshare: Because. It's the principle of the matter.
Anonymous: The principle of a girl needing to speak to her boyfriend, who is spending time alone with another woman and so using the phone number the boyfriend gave her to use?
Overshare: Yes.
Anonymous: Interesting.
Overshare: So I just hung up. And she kept calling, and calling, and calling. So finally I picked up, told her to stop calling. Do you know what she had the nerve to say to me?
Anonymous: I'm just dying to know.
Overshare, using a very, very weird accent, which I guess was supposed to be Swedish: "CTF and I are in love. LOVE, do you hear me? I will speak to him whenever I wish." Can you even believe her nerve?
Anonymous: What was CTF doing during all of this?
Overshare: Laughing.
Anonymous: Who was he laughing at?
Overshare: Oh, he said he wasn't laughing at either of us, just at you know, the whole situation.
Anonymous: You mean the whole situation that he created?
Overshare: Well, I guess if you want to look at it that way.
Anonymous: I would.
Overshare: Whatever. Anyway, so I got so frustrated last night that I looked up the law on harassment, and she's totally harassing me. So I'm calling the police.
Anonymous: Right now? Why didn't you call last night?
Overshare: Well, I knew work today was going to be slow, so I just figured I'd wait.

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, March 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.............................................................................She is perfect for a Dane Cook punchline.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home