Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sad News

I'm sorry I haven't been more faithful in posting, dear readers. I can only say it's because this summer has found me busier than usual at my job.

I do have some sad news: Witty Comeback has left my office. She's left for a far grander place, for sure, and hopefully won't have a coworker who comes near to the one who inspired this blog. This does leave me, sadly, without someone to email when Overshare ambushes me in my office.

In the course of her departing, several old emails were discovered though, detailing some Overshare stories that had been forgotten. So the good news is that I've come across more overshares to share! This does nothing, of course, to help the Barnacle situation which I fear shall become dire. We shall see.

That said, enjoy this rediscovered gem from the time when my office was in the hiring process for Wyoming's job.

Overshare, walking straight into my office: Don't mind me.
Anonymous: Huh?
Overshare, putting her ear to my wall: SHHH!
Anonymous: What are you doing?
Overshare: They're interviewing my friend right now, next door.
Anonymous: You're listening in?!?
Overshare: Of course.
Anonymous: Not from here. Get out.
Overshare, in anguish: WHY?!?
Anonymous: Because.
Overshare, upset: Fine.

She then proceeded to stand just outside my door, still leaning into my office trying to hear the conversation through my wall.

Anonymous: No, really. Stop doing that.
Overshare: WHY?!?
Anonymous: Because I have work to do. And it's distracting.
Overshare: Oh, puh-lease.
Anonymous: I just don't like it, ok?
Overshare: Why do you have to be such a raging bitch sometimes?

Now, friends... of all things I may be, a raging bitch is not one of them. Truly. A bitch, maybe a case could be made for that, sometimes. But a RAGING bitch? Oh no.

Anonymous: Ummm.
Overshare: Fine. FINE!

She then stood by the copy machine for the next hour, trying to listen from there.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, August 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. It is great, indeed, Anonymous. Will pray for your continued sanity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home