Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Was Felon Jr. Taken?

Overshare: Jock Itch.
Anonymous: WHAT?
Overshare: Jock. Itch.

I have to say-- in all of my wildest dreams, I have never once imagined I would hear the sweet utterance of a coworker talking about such a thing in my workplace. I am glad it happened so early on in my career, though I do wonder if I've now reached the pinnacle of my professional life. And, p.s.-- what a delightfully named fungus. I truly don't understand why we don't promote it. Heck, I think we, as a society, should start discussing all "opportunistic infections" more, and maybe that was what Overshare was attempting to do. To shed light on the situation and call it out of darkness, to remove the stigma so commonly attached to such things and brings the victims peace of mind and solidarity in the fight.

Or maybe not.

Anonymous: Am I supposed to know why you're saying that?
Overshare: What do you think of it?
Anonymous: Huh?
Overshare: Do you think it would be a good name?
Anonymous: A NAME?
Overshare: Yeah. Jock Itch. Kind of catchy.

Hot damn, that's the best pun I've heard in a while and it went right over her head.

Anonymous: [giggles]
Overshare, irritated: What? What's so funny?
Anonymous: Nothing.
Overshare: Whatever. So, last night CTF and I were discussing what we want to name our kids.

Right, because that's the next logical step after you've
planned your wedding.

Anonymous: Oh.
Overshare: Yeah. And he said that he wanted to name his kids Jock Itch and Foot, if they are boys. And Stripper and Whore if they are girls. He thinks it would be funny if teachers had to call a kid Whore all the time.
Anonymous: Oh yeah. Hysterical.
Overshare: I think he was just kidding.
Anonymous: You think he was kidding?
Overshare: About Stripper and Whore, anyway. He seemed to be serious about Jock Itch though.
Anonymous: Ugh.
Overshare: Yeah, he said that since he's going to screw his kids up anyway, he might as well get a head start.


And as an added bonus today, check out the other naming options for CTF's kids here, at the bottom of the page.

6 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, August 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gutter Butter?

 
At 7:58 AM, August 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you might want to do the world a favor and push Overshare into traffic one day - by accident of course

 
At 8:01 AM, August 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This kind of story almost makes me wish that we wouldn't let people breed unless they passed a rigorous examination.

 
At 9:06 AM, August 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading this I think that society seriously needs to reconsider that whole license for child bearing arguement.

 
At 4:36 PM, August 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

crotch rot has a nice ring to it.

 
At 1:03 PM, August 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - I just fell off my chair with laughter. Thank you, scratchy mcgee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home