Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ben & Jerry Would Be So Proud

One day after a rare company lunch outing, I ended up walking back to the office with Overshare and Toolshed. Trust me, I wasn't thrilled that the group broke down that way, but oh my damn am I kind of glad it happened. Because without that unfortunate incident, I'd never have witnessed this gem.

Overshare: Mmm... ice cream. We should stop and get ice cream.
Toolshed: Ice cream.
Overshare: Ice cream.
Toolshed: Iiiicccce Crrrrrrrrreeeeaaammmm.
Overshare: Ice. Ice. Ice. Crrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaam. CREEEAAAMMMM!!!

Yeah, folks. I don't know either. It was bizarre.

Toolshed: I'm a championship ice cream eater. Ice. Cream.
Overshare: Championship?
Toolshed: Championship. I eat a half-pint of ice cream every night.
Overshare: A half-pint? Of ice cream?

Seriously. At this point I was thisclose to screaming: Yes!! We've established that we (and I'm using the term "we" loosely, here) are talking about ice cream already. There's no need to keep. saying. ice. crrreeeeeaaaammmm.

Toolshed: Ice. Crrreeeaaaaaammmm.
Overshare: Wow. Is that how you maintain your svelte figure?
Toolshed: Sure is. I like to maintain a layer of fat over my muscular frame.
Overshare: Damn... without that ice cream you'd have no ass at all, would you?
Toolshed: Nope. And then what would you caress?

4 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Went from hungry to not hungry in .0005 sec. This is a record for me.
Ice cream = good
Toolshed caressing = unspeakable

 
At 4:00 PM, September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may never look at ice cream the same way again.

 
At 7:18 AM, September 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second She Who Haikus.

 
At 2:17 PM, September 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading, reading, thinking, "well, this isn't too bad." Then, I got to that last line and it all blew-up in my face. Good gracious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home