Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Coach/Couch Saga Continues

Several weeks after Overshare's "Coach" purse suddenly, miraculously appeared and took its place of prominence at staff meetings, our receptionist walked into my office and shut the door.

Receptionist, whispering: Hey, Anonymous.
Anonymous: Yes?
Receptionist: Have you seen Overshare's Coach purse?
Anonymous: Yes.
Receptionist: Have you heard the story behind it?
Anonymous: Not directly from Overshare, but I know the basic story behind it. CTF bought it for her in some grand show of love, didn't he?
Receptionist: Oh my God, I can't believe you haven't heard the story yet.
Anonymous: What story?
Receptionist: Well, the other night, I was out with Wyoming and Overshare and CTF at a bar.
Anonymous: Why?
Receptionist: Long story. There were supposed to be other people there but they bailed and it ended up being me and the three of them.
Anonymous: I'm so sorry.
Receptionist: Yeah.

[A moment of silence, please, for Receptionist's poor, unfortunate, now-permanently-scarred soul.]

Receptionist: So anyway, while we were all out, I couldn't take all of the inconsistencies in the story anymore so when Overshare went to the bathroom, I cornered CTF.
Anonymous: Really??

Oh, I was SO glad to get the real story on this. Here it is, as Receptionist relayed to me.

Receptionist: So, CTF, I can't believe you spent so much money on a purse for Overshare!
CTF: What?
Receptionist: Yeah, I mean, that must have cost you a lot of money! Did you get a good deal or something?
CTF: What are you talking about? What purse?
Receptionist: The Coach purse you bought for Overshare! Those things are crazy expensive!
CTF: I didn't buy Overshare any purse.
Receptionist: At all?
CTF: No!
Receptionist: But Overshare said that you sent her out of the store and bought it for her over a month ago.
CTF: I didn't buy nobody no f***ing purse.

Ah, so polite. I had almost forgotten.

So what did I do with this new information? I immediately call Witty Comeback to come into my office to hear the story, first-hand. Receptionist relayed it again.

Anonymous: Can you believe it?
Witty Comeback: Not really, no.
Anonymous: Receptionist, did you tell Overshare that you found out?
Receptionist: Are you kidding? I plan to talk about the purse whenever CTF is around now, just to see her sweat.

3 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Diedre said...

office revenge is sooooo sweet!

 
At 11:57 AM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Marcia said...

The worst thing is that the receptionist plans to hang out with Overshare and CTF again soon.

 
At 10:02 AM, December 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marcia...you're missing the big picture here. This could be the key to an overshare silence. She would then be known as, "bullshitter", or maybe "Wishful-thinker", or "makes gentlemen out of pricks" "M-Goop" if i may....Then the blogs will be about how hard she is trying to make stuff up...and we, you, me, Diedre, and whoever else comments will be part of the magic that happens when Bullshit and a babble mouth mate!

Anonymous. You are loved.

Is the coach bag even real?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home