Thursday, April 26, 2007

The End(ish) of the Promotion Drama

Sorry for the delay in posting... I have no excuses, really, other than my non-anonymous life has been uncharacteristically hectic and I battled a brief period of writer's block.

I could cry you a river, I know.

So after a month or two of careful debate by Boss Man, which of course meant two months of having more of my favorite Overshare vs. Smoking-Know-It-All office battles, he finally came to a decision.

He promoted Overshare.

Oh yes, you read correctly. The "Let's Talk Discharge (DISCHARGE!)" oversharing bane of my work existence was actually PROMOTED.

As in, got a better job and a pay raise. Even though she tells grossly inappropriate stories and has a back-story that would make even Maury Povich shake his head and say "Damn, girl. What kind of crazy are you?"

She didn't even let the ink dry on her new contract before she moved her stuff into her new office. And Smoking Know It All? Oh, she wigged. She wigged right the hell out.

Now her little involuntary-confinement pow-wows were held all the live-long day, and she was throwing all kinds of accusations out against the company. Age-ism. They looked at her medical history and turned her down because of a past mental breakdown. She was simply too GOOD at her current job, and her boss had basically FIST FOUGHT Boss Man over her. You know, the standards.

And what did Overshare think of all of this?

Oh, nothing. She had much more important things to worry about.

Like, say... hiring her new assistant.

Oh, I said it. Hiring. Her. Assistant.

Does the very idea strike fear into your heart?

Things actually got even better from there. Overshare convinced Boss Man to restructure a little bit... meaning her new assistant would actually report to TWO people.

Overshare and Toolshed.

Can you even imagine the annual review those two would lead?

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, April 26, 2007, Blogger Me said...

**THUNK**

That sound? Yeah, that's the sound of my jaw, dropping to the floor.

There just are not words. I can't believe she got the promotion!! That is absolutely insane.

 
At 11:09 AM, April 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. That is just insane. I think you need a new job, ASAP. Or you could keep it and keep dishing.

 
At 1:39 PM, April 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh to be a fly on the wall at that review...

 
At 6:21 AM, April 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again management has managed to surprise and amaze us all with their brilliance.

Since I'm in here I had to go back and find the cast of characters to find out who is Toolshed. Can we get a link?

 
At 12:36 PM, April 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No.friggin.way.
Way to go Boss Man....

 
At 9:11 PM, April 27, 2007, Blogger Tzipporah Nivchara said...

I've been reading for a while and never responded, but this time I can't help it. OH HOLY HELL.

If I could, I would send your office a condolence card. WTF?

 
At 2:33 PM, April 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love it. I love it. Well, OK, I would not love it if I worked there, but anyway. I can't wait to see what kind of assistant she hires.

 
At 12:53 PM, May 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF? The 13 year old gator fan hitched a ride with the greyhound and found purple onions in her sandwich. Once reported, Elmer (sanz Bugs) decided it was time to make his announcement.

Yeah, your office...makes that much fucking sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home