Thursday, May 03, 2007

I Think He Missed the Point

About midday on Monday afternoons, Overshare basically decides she is done with work for the day. She spends the rest of her time in the office annoying people. It's prime Ovesharing time, apparently. And who'd want to waste that?

One particular Monday afternoon, Overshare decided to grace my office for the better part of TWO HOURS. To be honest, I can't recall the conversation. I know what you're thinking: "Then what the hell kind of blog post is THIS??"

Well, it would be a crappy one, if Overshare didn't redeem the time:

Overshare, standing to leave (finally): Hey, here.
Anonymous: What's that?

[Overshare reaches out with her hand and gives me something.]

Overshare: I just want you to know, if you ever need anything, I'm here for you.
Anonymous: What's this?
Overshare: Look at it.
Anonymous: Is this?
Overshare: It's an AA coin!
Anonymous: You're going to AA?
Overshare: NO! Why would I do that?
Anonymous: Err...
Overshare: No, CTF was ordered by the courts to go to AA. It's his coin. He gave it to me, and I'm giving it to you!
Anonymous: Uh..... thanks?
Overshare: It's hysterical. CTF and I always go out right before his meetings... he likes to go in just a little bit drunk. He says it makes them easier to stand.
Anonymous: Hmmm.
Overshare: Isn't that hilarious?
Anonymous: Well...
Overshare: Anyway, I'm here for you if you need me.
Anonymous: Good to know.

I've already documented CTF's potential belt buckle flasks... but now, I'd like to introduce you to another product that I think could come in handy. If you're an alcoholic looking for a fix at your AA meeting, that is.

And since I like to think it my duty to keep you all well-informed on any potential clothing apparel that doubles as an alcoholic container, may I introduce, the Shoe Flask. (And no, I am not kidding.)




You can read some pretty hilarious comments here: Shoe Flask.

4 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, May 03, 2007, Blogger Rick and Holly Garrett said...

Hi! I love that story.

I'm Rick in Indianapolis. I've been blogging for a long time over on MySpace (www.myspace.com/rickgarrett) but decided to start a more focused, recovery oriented blog at
indyrecovery.blogspot.com

Have a great day and I'll be reading your blog! (Is there a way I can subscribe to it and get an email when there's a new post?)
Rick

 
At 2:04 PM, May 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *love* it when you post stuff that I totally forgot about. This was a truly priceless moment.

 
At 7:01 AM, May 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, yes, drunk participation at AA meeting would most definitely indicate that he didn't "get it" - weird shoes too; just weird enough for one of them to try!

 
At 4:46 AM, November 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home