Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Financial Woes

Overshare: So, did I tell you that I need to make more money?
Anonymous: No…

Now, I realize that some people are completely fine with discussing their salaries with just about anyone, and they don’t see anything wrong with that. I am not one of those people. Especially in a workplace, since you always run the risk of talking about how little money you make to someone who makes $5k less than you.

Overshare: Well, I do. And I decided how I’m going to do it.
Anonymous: How?
Overshare: I’m getting a second job.

I know what you’re thinking… so what’s the big deal, Anonymous? Lots of people get second jobs to make ends meet. Lots of people talk about how much money they make, even if you don’t like it. Why is this blog worthy?

Overshare: I’m going to be a bartender at Skank Bar.

That’s why.

Anonymous: I think that may be a bad idea…
Overshare: No, no… just hear me out.
Anonymous: Er…..
Overshare, counting on her fingers: 1. I’d get to see CTF every night.
Anonymous, muttering under her breath: Exactly.
Overshare: 2. I could make sure that Swedish Nanny leaves CTF alone. 3. Bartenders make SO much money. 4. It combines my two favorite activities: watching CTF and drinking!
Anonymous: Well, you’re not allowed to drink while you’re bartending.
Overshare: Oh, the manager at Skank Bar doesn’t care.
Anonymous: Riiiighhtt…
Overshare: I wonder when I can start.
Anonymous: Don’t you have to go to school to be bartender?
Overshare: Do you?
Anonymous: I’m pretty sure you do. You have to learn what goes into certain shots, etc.
Overshare: Shit.

Anonymous: Yeah. Too bad.
Overshare: How long are the programs?
Anonymous: Well, I've never really looked into it, but I think it's generally at least a year.
Overshare: Double shit.
[Awkward silence.]
Overshare: Maybe I convince them to let me do it based on my amateur experiences alone.
Anonymous, sarcastically: Yeah, that might work.
Overshare: You think?

1 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh She Who Haikus...thank you for that little gem. Its good to see you out and about again! You miss Overshare and we miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home