Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Party Themes

Some of my favorite Overshare moments are sneak attacks. Sometimes you hear her coming down the hall and have a moment to prepare yourself (or develop a “sudden urge” to go to the bathroom.) But those times when she just whips into your office without warning? Priceless.

Overshare: Save the date.
Anonymous: Huh?
Overshare: Save. The Date.
Anonymous: What date?
Overshare: My birthday.
Anonymous: Oh. When is that again?
Overshare: One month from today.
Anonymous: Right. What are you planning?
Overshare: A party, duh.
Anonymous, irritated at the “duh”: Hmph.
Overshare: Hey, give me your opinion.
Anonymous: On?
Overshare: On what kind of party I should have, duuuhhhh.
Anonymous: [grits teeth]
Overshare: So far, the options are a toga party, a Dukes of Hazzard theme, pirates, or… something better.
Anonymous: Something better?
Overshare, pensively: Yeah… I just can’t help but feel like there’s a really awesome theme that I’m just not thinking of.
Anonymous: Of course.

[Silence. Complete silence for about five minutes. It was painfully awkward… I couldn’t really start working, because she was kind of looking at me, but not. She didn’t leave, and she didn’t really say anything else, until…]

Overshare: Mmmmm… CTF in a hula skirt.

My mind’s eye sure gets a lot of abuse at the hands of this girl.

2 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, April 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Overshare: Mmmmm… CTF in a hula skirt.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

 
At 2:22 PM, April 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one of those moments that calls for that repetitive line from Destiny's Child: "Nasty, put your clothes on."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home